Social Insurance Number (SIN)

What is a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and how do I apply for one? 

Applying for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) is one of the most important things you will do after coming to Canada. You will need one to work here, to open a bank account or to obtain your tax credit. This number tells the government who is earning money, paying taxes, paying into pension plans and using government services. Your employers will ask you for this number.

To apply for one, you can go to your nearest Service Canada Centre. For more information, please visit the Service Canada website at www.servicecanada.gc.ca

Source: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

AEIP Active Engagement & Integration Project

Sorry, our website does not support Internet Explorer 7 or earlier browsers.

Please use other browsers to visit our website. Download Chrome browser », Download Firefox browser ». Thank you.

Maybe you can find answers from the links below